Big3 officials said moving their inaugural title game to make room for the mega fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor on Aug. 26 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas has bolstered the league’s scope in reaching more people due to the “financial subsidies” acquired from the deal.

The Big3 accepted a “generous offer” from Mayweather Promotions and the UFC as part of an agreement to move their championship game to MGM Grand Garden Arena. Part of that offer appears to include cross-promotion and greater exposure on top of financial gain.

“The deal has made it easier to promote (the Big3 title game). There are a lot of facets worked out between the MGM and UFC properties,” Big3 co-founder Jeff Kwatinetz said on the Big3 teleconference Wednesday. “That comes in the form of financial subsidies that will go to the costs of putting on an event like this, to promotional help that will allow us to reach a wider audience.”

Of the move, co-founder Ice Cube added, “Nobody leaned on us Godfather-style, for one thing.”

Kwatinetz and Ice Cube don’t see the change in venue as a major step down, but they would have held firm if an alternative location hadn’t been suitable.

UFC president Dana White previously said of the Big3’s move: “We appreciate (Big3 co-founders) Ice Cube, Jeff Kwatinetz and the Big3 for their willingness to work together on bringing the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor fight to T-Mobile Arena. We look forward to working together with them to ensure that the people in Las Vegas and those watching both events at home will experience a historic day in sports that they’ll never forget.”

T-Mobile Arena, which will be home to the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, is co-owned by MGM Resorts and AEG.

More: Chris Paul on trade to Houston Rockets: ‘It was time for a change’

More: John Wall says wanting Paul George was “difference in role player and superstar”

Autoplay

Show Thumbnails

Show Captions

Last SlideNext Slide